Stolen Shakespeare Guild Auditions
Stolen Shakespeare Festival 2024
Featuring “Romeo and Juliet” and “Much Ado AboutNothing” by William Shakespeare
Performed at the Fort Worth Community ArtsCenter in the Sanders Theater.
Production Dates: February 16th –March 10th, 2024
Directed by Lauren and Jason Morgan
Rehearsals will begin around January 2.Rehearsals will be in Irving and will move to the Fort Worth Community ArtsCenter, Sanders Theater in Fort Worth the week of the production.
About The Audition:
- Auditions will beon Sunday, November 12th from 7:00 to 9:00 and Monday, November 13thstarting at 7:00 P.M at First Christian Church,Irving South - 114 West Grauwyler Rd. Irving, TX 75061.
§ Please email us at email@example.com to make your audition appointment. In the initial e-mail send us
§ The list of your conflicts for Jan 2 – March 10,2023. We ask for this because we don’t want to waste your time auditioning ifyou are unable to come to rehearsals/shows..
§ Your contact information
- Callbacks are TBA.
- If you wish you may join the SSGAuditions Facebook group. In the group we post sides, updates on the audition,and let you know when all parts have been cast.
- BRING A COPY OF YOURHEADSHOT AND RESUME TO THE AUDITION.
- Videoaudition: While we can accept a video audition if you cannot make it to thelive audition, we highly recommend attending the in-person session. Please notethat you may be at a disadvantage when competing with those who attend the liveaudition.
Non-Equity Actors Compensation:
1) We will provide a minimum stipend of $100.00.
2) $50.00 bonus if youare in both shows.
3) $50.00 bonus to SSGactor ensemble members (To become an ensemble member, you will have to havebeen in at least 10 SSG shows as an actor, actress, or performer.)
4) You will receive 2comps for the festival that you can use the first weekend.
5) You receive an actor’s pass which you may useonly for yourself to see our future shows on opening weekends for one year.
We are not able to provide equity contracts atthis time.
Things to know before you audition and accept a role:
1) In this festival, it's important to note that"Much Ado About Nothing" is interpreted as a sequel to "Romeo and Juliet," and the characters Friar Laurence and Friar Francis are portrayed as the same individual. The Friar, having left Verona, relocates toMessina and adopts a new identity.
2) The roles/couples listed below will have scenes that involve mild physical contact and intimacy, such as kissing and hugging, but it will be kept at a PG level.
a. Romeo and Juliet
b. Beatrice and Benedick
c. Hero and Claudio
d. Margaret and Borachio
3) All roles are currently open. If you are selected for a role in both shows, it is a package deal; you will be required to accept both roles. There is no option for selective casting.
4) Our auditions and castings are conducted in an environment where everyone's safety is a top priority. Any form of bullying is strictly prohibited, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for derogatory comments about aspects such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation,gender, or identity. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgroundsto audition and be a part of our productions!
5) Participation in strike is required to be in the shows and receive stipends.
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
(February 16 – March 9th, 2024)
Join us this Valentine’s season for oneof the most famous love stories ever written. Immerse yourself in the epic taleof two star crossed lovers from feuding families who dare risk everything forlove. With thrilling sword fights, stirring poetry, and heartbreaking tragedy,this timeless masterpiece continues to captivate audiences centuries after itscreation. (SSG Rating: PG-13 for depiction of suicide.)
House of Montague:
Romeo Montague - The male protagonist and a member of the Montague family.
Benvolio Montague - Romeo's cousin and close friend, known for his peacefulnature.
Mercutio - A close friend of Romeo's, known for his wit and humor.
Montague - Romeo's father.
House of Capulet:
Juliet Capulet - The female protagonist and a member of the Capulet family.
Lord Capulet - Juliet's father.
Lady Capulet - Juliet's mother.
Tybalt - Juliet's cousin, known for his fiery and aggressive nature.
Nurse - Juliet's trusted confidante and caregiver.
Friar Laurence - A Franciscan friar who plays a crucial role in Romeo andJuliet's love story.
Friar John - A fellow friar.
Prince Escalus - The ruler of Verona.
Paris - A nobleman and Juliet's suitor.
Balthasar - Romeo's servant.
Sampson and Gregory - Servants of the Capulet family.
Peter - A servant of Juliet's Nurse.
Abraham - Servant to the Montague family.
Mercutio - A kinsman of the Prince and Romeo's friend.
Apothecary - Sells poison to Romeo.
Ensemble: Various roles
Rosaline - A young woman Romeo loves at the beginning of the play.
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
(February 23 – March 10, 2024)
Get ready for a witty and charming battle of the sexes as Stolen ShakespeareGuild presents Much Ado About Nothing. Enjoy one of Shakespeare’s most belovedcomedies at SSG this winter. Filled with romance, comedic hijinks andShakespeare’s wittiest dialogue, this show is a must see. (SSG Rating: PG)
House of Leonato:
Leonato - Governor of Messina and father to Hero.
Hero - Leonato's daughter, in love with Claudio.
Beatrice - Leonato's niece, known for her wit and sharp tongue.
Antonio - Leonato's brother.
Ursula - One of Hero's gentlewomen.
Margaret - Another of Hero's gentlewomen.
House of Don Pedro:
Don Pedro - Prince of Arragon and a close friend of Claudio and Benedick.
Benedick - A lord of Padua, close friend of Claudio, and known for his wit.
Claudio - A young lord and soldier, in love with Hero.
Balthasar - A musician.
Conrade - One of Don John's followers.
Borachio - Another of Don John's followers.
Don John - Don Pedro's illegitimate brother and the play's villain.
Dogberry - The bumbling constable of Messina.
Verges - Dogberry's partner.
Friar Francis - The priest who advises and assists the other characters.
Sexton - An officer who assists in resolving the play's conflicts.
Watchmen - Guards and lawmen in Messina. (At least 3)